Re: tx_timeout and timer serialisation

To: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: tx_timeout and timer serialisation
From: Bogdan Costescu <Bogdan.Costescu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 16:17:56 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linux.htm

> Do not forget, it is under dev->xmit_lock!

Sorry, I didn't understand from this discussion if hard_start_xmit is
protected WRT itself outside the driver or the driver should implement
locks to assure that the xxx_start_xmit routine is not executed
simultaneously on 2 (or more) CPUs.

Sincerely,

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx