Re: rt_cache_flush()

To: jleu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rt_cache_flush()
From: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:20:19 +0400 (MSK DST)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

> Ideally I would like for only the route cache entries that matched

All of them are matched. Dependencies are unknown.

The only hint: do not flush, if nobody looked at changed entry.

> It looks like the cache is being flushed, but it take a small amount
> of time.  In that time, some packet go by and continue to use the old entry.
> If I stop all packets, modify the fib_node (resulting in a rt_cache_flush(-1))
> and wait a couple of seconds, then send packets, things seem to work as
> expected.

rt_cache_flush(-1) flushes cache after net/ipv4/route/min_delay.

> Is there any way to get my ideal scenario above?  If not can I speed up the
> cache flush?

rt_cache_flush(0), I guess. Only I am not sure that you really want this.
Default 2 second delay is even less than it is necessary,
Ciscos use 3 seconds.

Alexey