Does the Linux kernel support RFC 2292 Advanced Socket API?

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Does the Linux kernel support RFC 2292 Advanced Socket API?
From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 00:04:09 -0500
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Does the Linux kernel and header files support the RFC 2292 Advanced
Socket API?  I posted the same question to the glibc mailing list,
because the header files involved were <netinet/ip.h> and <netinet/ip6.h>
which seem to be under the control of the glibc project, and not the Linux
kernel project.  The glibc folks told me to post here, hence I post. :)

I couldn't find the following things on my glibc 2.1.2 system:

<netinet/in.h>    IPV6_RTHDR
<netinet/in.h>    IPV6_RTHDR_LOOSE
<netinet/in.h>    IPV6_RTHDR_STRICT
<netinet/in.h>    IPV6_RTHDR_TYPE_0

<netinet/ip6.h>   struct ip6_hdr{};
<netinet/ip6.h>   struct ip6_rthdr{};
<netinet/ip6.h>   struct ip6_rthdr0{};

A lot of the functions in Section 8 of RFC 2292, "Routing Header Options"
do not seem to be implemented.  Do these functions have to be
implemented in the IPv6 kernel implementation, or in libc?

RFC 2292 is at: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2292.txt

and an updated draft version which adds more stuff is at:
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-01.txt

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr