Re: RFC: PPP over X

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RFC: PPP over X
From: Richard Sharpe <sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 02:09:02 +1000
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

my remarks here nodoubt come out of left field, and are not related to any
of the original discussion, but in the Ethereal Team, we have a problem
with PPP over serial ports.

The problem is that we do not get to see any of the PPP 'frames', we only
see IP datagrams.

If there is a rewrite or big changes coming for 2.3, has any thought been
given to providing a way to inject raw frames into the appropriate places
in the kernel so libpcap can capture them, and thus we can see them in
ethereal.

I hope that this is not too far off from your interests.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course