Re: sin6_scope_id

To: Yuji Sekiya <sekiya@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sin6_scope_id
From: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:13:59 +0100
Cc: ak@xxxxxx, lordbeatnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 02:36:36AM +0100, Yuji Sekiya wrote:

> > Anyways, there is a unused 16bit field in the linux sockaddr_ipv6,
> > so adding it later for source code compatibility is always possible.
>
> Really ? Where is a unused 16 bit field ??
> Furthermore, sin6_socpe_id requires 32bit field.

Sorry I was wrong. There isn't. With the 32bit requirement it would
not have been sufficient anyways. Unfortunately it is rather hard to switch
sockaddr* formats in Linux, you would need completely new socket calls
and lots of infrastructure. I see no easy way to do it.

-Andi

--
This is like TV. I don't like TV.