Re: IPv6+Linux status page useful?

To: cacophonix@xxxxxxxxx (Cacophonix Gaul)
Subject: Re: IPv6+Linux status page useful?
From: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:10:37 +0300 (MSK)
Cc: pb@xxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

> unicast mechanism is different from anycast. Also, there is no
> need for the receiver to be aware of the fact that it has an
> anycast address - it could be part of an anycast group without
> it's knowledge.

Nope. It's knowledge is the _only_ thing differing anycast of unicasts.
They are indistingushable outside of receivers.
I suspect we talk about different things. 8)

> I'd written up something a while ago describing one such trick, which
> I'll be glad to dig up & send to you if you are interested - let me
> know.

I am. Please, send if you find it. It is interesting at least
as information.

> anything formal yet, there was no intent to prohibit it's use within
> individual administrative domains either.

It would be pretty funny, if some IETF meeting prohibited to do something
within an individual administrative domain 8)8)8)

Alexey