Re: IPv6+Linux status page useful?

To: pb@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Bieringer)
Subject: Re: IPv6+Linux status page useful?
From: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 18:17:45 +0300 (MSK)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

> Linux kernel IPv6 features
>    Dynamic tunneling

What's it?

>    Statefull autoconfiguration

Not a kernel issue. Some DHCPv6 implementations exist, but I did not hear
about any attempts to compile it for linux.

>    Renumbering link net working (2.2) with radvd
>    Renumbering hierarchicly

Not kernel issues. Actually, stateless addrconf also not
a kernel issue, but we have it historically there.

>    Multicast router

Not implemented.

>    Multicast client

Multicast client working (2.2/2.3) current kernel source

>    Anycast router

No differences of unicast case.

"Anycast listening" is really different, because we should
prohibit to use these addresses as source addresses
and delay NDISC replies.

>    IPv6 options...

IPv6 options working (2.2/2.3) current kernel source

>    Discovery features...

What's it?

Alexey