lkcd

kl_dump_erase commented out in kl_util.c?

To: <lkcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: kl_dump_erase commented out in kl_util.c?
From: "Tony Dziedzic" <Tony.Dziedzic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:20:25 -0400
Sender: owner-lkcd@xxxxxxxxxxx
My test system is attempting to copy a "stale" crash dump each time I
reboot the system normally after having previously forced a crash dump.
The call to kl_dump_erase in kl_util.c is commented out (in an #if 0
conditional), which means if the swapper doesn't overwrite the dump
header lcrash will think it needs to copy the crash dump again the next
time it runs.

This appears to be an artifact from testing that should be removed for
the released code.  I removed the conditionals and lcrash works as
expected.

FYI,
Tony Dziedzic
Storigen Systems, Inc.