lkcd

module debug supported? kernel module supported?

To: lkcd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: module debug supported? kernel module supported?
From: Nava Navaruparajah <nava@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:31:46 PDT
Sender: owner-lkcd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

  I am new to lkcd and just installed it and tested on Redhat 7.1 and
2.4.2 base on a Pentium system. I just created the system panic with
my module type driver. When I generated report I got the following:
STACK TRACE FOR TASK: 0xc14c4000 (soe_mgr)

 0 dump_execute+189 [0xc016adc9]
 1 panic+131 [0xc0116b23]
 2 panic+131 [0xc0116b23]
TRACE ERROR 0x1

Since my driver is kernel a module, I think, lcrash cound't find the symbols.
Can someone help me how I can use lcrash and lkcd to debug module type drivers.
Are there any documents to show the usage of lcrash and create new
macros to generate traces?.

Thanks,
Nava

Nava Navaruparajah                          Telephone: (916) 785 1647
Hewlett Packard, SIL
8000 Foothills Blvd., M/S 5668
Roseville, CA 95747

Nava Navaruparajah                          Telephone: (916) 785 1647
Hewlett Packard, SIL
8000 Foothills Blvd., M/S 5601
Roseville, CA 95747