lkcd

Re: Module support

To: "Matt D. Robinson" <yakker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Module support
From: "Andreas Herrmann" <AHERRMAN@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:18:31 +0200
Cc: lkcd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-lkcd@xxxxxxxxxxx

Matt Robinson wrote:
>Masashige Kotani wrote:
>> Hello.
>> I am a Jyunji's co-worker too.
>> I am making a new command for module support of lkcd as in the above
mail.

>Hi, Masashige-san.  I have no problems including this into the tree,
>as long as it isn't conflicting with Andreas' work, and it can be
>packaged nicely together.  The conflict issue is just to make sure
>multiple LKCD developers are working on the same page.  I'm all for
>the right thing going into the code base regardless, I just don't
>want to see conflicts in the way the work is completed.

I can't see any conflicts.

The only general restriction is as follows:
If you have 2 symbol tables containing information for the same symbol,
then
this symbol will be found in the symbol table that was first added.
Example: You have a System.map containing already all symbols of all of
your loaded modules.
This table is loaded during lcrash startup. If you load a further symbol
table for one
of your loaded modules (using 'symtab -a'), then this is of no use, because
the symbol information
is received via System.map that was first loaded.

--
Linux for eServer Development
Tel :  +49-7031-16-4640