linux-origin

Re: mips64

To: Kanoj Sarcar <kanoj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mips64
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 12:42:54 +0200
Cc: linux-origin@xxxxxxxxxxx, skunx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-origin@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 11:20:33PM -0700, Kanoj Sarcar wrote:

> * multithreaded and improved ethernet driver for networking apps
> (Ralf was looking into this?)

The missing spinlocks are already in, so the driver is MP safe now.

What's still missing is cleanup, completion of some pending things and
especially MII media negotiation.  The latter I've got working but I'm
trying to get rid of the extra spinlock which I still have for that and
integrate the IRIX PHY bug workarounds.

> Btw, the mips64 kernel has booted up multiuser the machine posix0.
> It can see 32 cpus, access all the memory on the 16 nodes, and
> understands there are 11 PCI busses with 24 scsi controllers and
> 13 disks.

Maybe it's time to show the world that we're serious about our big
iron effort.  Can you send me the bootup message on such a 32 CPU
box

  Ralf