linux-origin

Re: pwdb

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: pwdb
From: Brent Casavant <bcasavan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:21:58 -0500
Cc: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joan Eslinger <wombat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-origin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-origin@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2 May 2000, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Silly construction, I don't even know if the damn thing is actually
> broken or just the content got garbled.  What's worse, PROM and IRIX
> refuse to set the eaddr in the NVRAM nor can I otherwise ifconfig the
> interface to it's right address.  In any case the RTC is combined
> with the NVRAM and my Indy's RTC was basically useless due to `excessive
> precission' and the so replacing the damn thing was overdue anyway ...

A bit off-topic, but what exactly are you replacing? The NVRAM or the
Indy. I have this sinking feeling my Indigo's NVRAM is nearing the end
of its life, with the TOD clock getting reset to 1970 on recent reboots.
Haven't lost the MAC address yet. *crosses fingers*

Anyone know where I can get a new NVRAM battery for an IP20?

Brent

--
Brent Casavant          | The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily
Silicon Graphics, Inc.  | those of Silicon Graphics. Come to think of it,