kgdb

break point or crash didn't match to my sources

To: kgdb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: break point or crash didn't match to my sources
From: Stephan Kauss <SKauss@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 18:51:47 +0100
Sender: owner-kgdb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi kGDB folks,

I installed successfully the kGDB on a linux 2.2.18 kernel.
After loading my modules I interrupt gdb and add the symbols from the
modules to gdb
(mod-add-symbols 0xc48b0000 oca.c)
And set my break point's.

break OCL_Free
  Breakpoint 2 at 0xc48c0436: file ocss.c, line 393.

OCL_Free start at line 93 not 393

After a contiune and calling my module gdb stop on the wrong line number
:
   Breakpoint 2, 0xc48c0436 in () at ocss.c:393
   393     }        /* OCL_ParametersVerify */
  (gdb)
Having typed "cont" my kernel crash with this message :
0xc4f29a5e in capslip_id () at tam_linux.c:1784
1784    }
(gdb) where
#0  0xc4f29a5e in capslip_id () at tam_linux.c:1784
#1  0xc4f3a3fc in ?? ()
#2  0xc01123c8 in timer_bh () at sched.c:1117

The function capslip_id is not in file tam_linux.c.

Any idea what I do wrong ?

Thanks
  Stephan

// A rainy day on a boat is better than a sunny day in the office
// strings attachment.doc | more