kernprof

kernprof on modules? (Is this list still active?)

To: <kernprof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: kernprof on modules? (Is this list still active?)
From: Castor Fu <castor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:26:37 -0800 (PST)
Sender: kernprof-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I don't see any recent archives for this list, so I'm not sure if
work is still active on kernprof.

I'm interested in using the kernprof code on a kernel module.  Currently
everything is effectively switched off for these addresses presumably
because tools like gprof are incompatible with sparse address ranges.

Has anyone done much work with this?

I threw together a quick hack which seems to do an adequate job of
analyzing call graphs from the 'call backtrace' data using ksymoops
for address resolution.  It seems much easier to deal with than
the gprof code.  Does anyone else have plans for additions to kernprof?

    -castor
    castor@xxxxxxxxxxxx