kdb

Does SuSE 9.1 Pro have kdb built in??

To: "Keith Owens" <kaos@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Does SuSE 9.1 Pro have kdb built in??
From: "Dunn, Charles" <CDunn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:25:49 -0400
Cc: <kdb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: kdb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Earlier this month, Keith Owens said:

> Ask Redhat (about their patch for kdb).  I do patches against
> the standard kernels.  Distributors
> add their own patches, some of which conflict with kdb, so it is up to
> the distributors to add kdb to their tree.  RedHat does not appear to
be
> interested, SuSE SLES9 has built in kdb.

We did ask RedHat, and the answers to this and other questions were bad
enough that they failed our qualification.. We are moving on to SuSE..
Does anyone on the list know if kdb is built into (or available as a
patch) SuSE 9.1 Professional? I tried customer support (talked to a very
helpful, pleasant gentleman) but he didn't know about kdb support in 9.1
Pro...

Many thanks!

-Charlie Dunn
Empirix Inc.