kdb

Re: kdb problems with SMP systems

To: kdb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kdb problems with SMP systems
From: Jim Houston <jim.houston@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:11:18 -0400
Sender: owner-kdb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I have been seeing the problems Ethan described on
SMP i386.  I was impressed by his writing and clear
analysis of the problems.

I'm very interested in seeing this fixed and would
like to work with you.  I have some time to work on
this, and I'm up to speed on the code.  I have  done
similar work on debuggers for a couple of proprietary
UNIX systems.  If there is a fix in the works, I would
like see what you're doing.

I also noticed that single stepping saves and
restores the interrupt enable flag.  If you single
step over an instruction which changes this flag, you
lose its effect.

Thanks
Jim Houston - Concurrent Computer