kaio

Fix to make KAIO work with sockets (and likely pipes) again [was Re: Que

To: kaio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fix to make KAIO work with sockets (and likely pipes) again [was Re: Question about AIO behavior....]
From: Christopher Smith <x@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 06:32:25 -0700
Sender: owner-kaio@xxxxxxxxxxx
--On Saturday, April 07, 2001 22:12:28 -0700 Christopher Smith <x@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay, I've learned a bit more about what's going on now. It appears that
the latest patch tries to do a seek if you do a read() on a socket (and
presumably on a pipe as well). This results in a seek error (error 29).

I'm going to look into patching this myself, but I thought I'd notify the
group in the event that I was either wrong in my analysis or if someone
had a fix (or got one done before I did).

Please find attached a one-line patch which, if applied to the kaio-kern-1.3.1-2.4.2 patch file will correct the bug in the patch. This bug appears to also exist in the 1.3 patch as well.

Perhaps a sockets test should be added to the regression tests? ;-)

--Chris