info-inventor

Re: Inventor windows port rendering problems

To: Fotios Hadginikos <F.Hadginikos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, info-inventor@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Inventor windows port rendering problems
From: Gerd Hesina <hesina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:06:57 +0100
Sender: owner-inventor@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 20:56 18.01.01 +0000, Fotios Hadginikos wrote:
Hi,
I have managed to compile and link the win32 port of Open Inventor.

Everything works fine the first time but when the window gets updated
(i.e. by anumating the scene or reseizing the window) I lose the lights
(I think).

For example when a single sphere is used when the program is initially
run, the sphere appears normal. When I resize the window (or minimise and
restore it). Only the outline of the sphere remains (Like I am drawing a
sphere with no lights enabled...).

I am using GLUT for opening the window...

Can anybody help? Have you seen something similar happening?

Hi,

I've received the following note about a glut example.
Perhaps it's useful for you....
BTW: If you want to use GLUT in conjunction with OpenInventor
try GlutMaster.
A link is provided at http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/hostings/openinventor/

Kind regards,
Gerd Hesina