info-inventor

Inventor windows port rendering problems

To: info-inventor@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Inventor windows port rendering problems
From: Fotios Hadginikos <F.Hadginikos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:56:52 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: owner-inventor@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I have managed to compile and link the win32 port of Open Inventor.

Everything works fine the first time but when the window gets updated
(i.e. by anumating the scene or reseizing the window) I lose the lights
(I think).

For example when a single sphere is used when the program is initially
run, the sphere appears normal. When I resize the window (or minimise and
restore it). Only the outline of the sphere remains (Like I am drawing a
sphere with no lights enabled...).

I am using GLUT for opening the window...

Can anybody help? Have you seen something similar happening?

thanks in advance,
Fotis

Fotis Hadginikos
Visualization and Virtual Environments Research Lab,
Department of Computer
Science,                                TEL : 0044-1482-466348
University of Hull,                     HOME: 0044-1482-302635
Cottingham Road, HU67RX, HULL,UK