info-inventor

Re: Importers or exporters

To: Cyril ZEKSER <czekser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Importers or exporters
From: "Lars J. Aas" <larsa@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:22:31 +0100
Cc: info-inventor@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-inventor@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:02:44AM +0100, Cyril ZEKSER wrote:
: I'm trying to find some tools that can make IV files from 3DS, OBJ or
: DXF format.
: Is there any tools in the Web that you could give me the URL to ?

You can check out the Dime (DXF Import, Manipulation, and Export) library
at http://www.coin3d.org/.  It doesn't produce an Inventor scene graph
directly, but there is an example program that creates a VRML 1.0 file
for you.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'