info-inventor-dev

compiled for cygwin

To: info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: compiled for cygwin
From: "James F. O'Brien" <job@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 16:55:14 -0800 (PST)
Sender: info-inventor-dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I recently needed to compile Inventor under cygwin.  I had to tweak a
few things, but it seems to work fine.  It is possible that someone
has already posted instructions for compiling under cygwin, but just
in case:

A tar file containing the changed files can be downloaded from:
  http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~job/Tmp/inventor-patch_only.tar
These files are modified versions of the ones from Inventor 2.1.5-10.
There is a readme with instructions on how to use them.

For reference, and convenience, the modified files along with the
2.1.5-10 files can be had from here:
  http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~job/Tmp/inventor-patch_and_2.1.5-10.tar.gz

Everything was compiled using gcc version 3.3.1 under Win2K.  Enjoy.

It would be nice if someone would integrate the changes into the files
hosted by SGI.  (After making sure I did not break anything for
non-cygwin systems.)

                          - James