info-inventor-dev

Re: Overlay Bugfix and $PREFIX-patch

To: Gerd.Sussner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gerd Sussner)
Subject: Re: Overlay Bugfix and $PREFIX-patch
From: Jonathan Lim <jlim@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu May  9 12:44:06 2002, Gerd.Sussner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> additionally, i added support for installing inventor different to
> $IVROOT/usr/[bin|lib|man|share|demos], i.e. you can install inventor
> now in $IVROOT/$PREFIX/[bin|lib|man|share|demos]
> just change the PREFIX variable in make/ivcommondefs.
> note, that only those files are patched which are actually installed,
> e.g. apps/demos, but the mentor-examples are not patched so far.

I don't see why this change is necessary. Assume IVROOT is
/usr/people/somebody/workarea. The source files will be in $IVROOT/inventor.
The results of the build will be in $IVROOT/usr. Once everything is done, you
can simply cd to $IVROOT/usr, tar up everything there, and extract the archive
anywhere else you please.

              Jonathan Lim  _  Silicon Graphics  _  Mountain View
              GPS Graphics     Computer Systems        CA, USA