info-inventor-dev

Writing an own manipulator

To: info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Writing an own manipulator
From: Matthias Stiller <stiller@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:45:21 +0200 (MES)
Sender: owner-info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I don't know if this is the appropriate list for my problem, if not I would be
grateful if someone would point me to the correct list.

I am trying to implement my own manipulator, which is basically a
TabBoxManipulator but does allow rotation like the TransformBoxManip. I managed
to get all together by inserting three 3 SoRotateCylindricalDragger in front of
the TabPlaneDraggers but the behaviour while rotating is not the one I was
expecting. I looks like the former box is not rotated but orthogonal warped
(sorry cannot explain it better, it looks weird).

Could someone please give me a hint what is wrong ? Maybe I have misunderstood
how to mix different draggers to achieve the behaviour I was expecting. I have
put the source into a tar for further inspection

http://www.vrcom.de/~stiller/NewManip.tar.gz

Any hint would be gladly appreciated

Regards

Matthias

--
|  Matthias Stiller             |  fon:   ++49-6151-30083-42          |