info-inventor-dev

Re: Problems compiling/running OpenInventor on SGI

To: Philippe Boutinaud <pboutinaud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems compiling/running OpenInventor on SGI
From: Gerd Hesina <hesina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:05:19 +0100
Sender: owner-info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Philippe,

At 13:27 02.03.01 +0100, you wrote:
0x5b28dfc in getClassTypeId__9SoElementSGv () at SoElement.h:120
120         static SoType       getClassTypeId()        { return

Every example/demo I link with the library crash at the same place. By
playing around with the source, it seems that after
SoElement::initClass(), each call to SoType::get* dumps a core.

I even tried to "purify" everything but nothing strange appeared.

Why is this happening ???

Ah, that's a bug in your c++ front end of your compiler.

Fix: install the latest patches.

http://support.sgi.com/colls/patches/tools/relstream/index.html

in the product category select 7.2.1.3 (if you have a 7.2 style MIPSPro compiler)
or 7.3.1.2 (if you have a 7.3 style compiler)

to get your current compiler version number: cc -version

cheers,
-g.