info-inventor-dev

Re: Font problem

To: info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Font problem
From: "b.stolk" <b.stolk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 19:48:37 +0100
Sender: owner-info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Tom wrote:

>one thing you can try is to symlink
>/usr/lib/DPS/outline/base/Utopia-Regular to
>/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/UTRG____.pfa

Argh, I take it that Zsolt Kovacs is on Debian?

It seems that the Utopia fonts were pulled from the
Debian distribution due to licensing problems.

This means that the fix suggested by Tom will not work
on a recent debian installation.

Someone mentioned that libFL is looking for these fonts?
Or is the fallback onto Utopia done by Inventor itself?
If the latter is the case, I would switch the fall back
font to something that is not hampered with copyright
problems.

See:

Package: xfonts-scalable
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 1244
Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Architecture: all
Source: xfree86
Version: 4.0.1-3
Replaces: xfntscl
Provides: xfntscl
Depends: xutils
Suggests: xfs | xserver
Conflicts: xfntscl
Size: 788830
 xfonts-scalable provides fonts that can be drawn at any size by the X server
 or font server without loss of quality.  In most cases it is desirable to
 have the X font server (xfs) and/or an X server installed to make the fonts
 available to X clients.
 .
 This package is missing three fonts from the XFree86 source archives
 because the license terms on the fonts do not meet the Debian Free
 Software Guidelines; they are the Type1 fonts Adobe Utopia, IBM Courier,
 and Bigelow & Holmes (B&H) Lucidux.