info-inventor-dev

Makefile system

To: info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Makefile system
From: Jan Prikryl <prikryl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:05:40 +0200
Sender: owner-info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have to prepare a working OpenInventor setup for a colleague of mine
so I thought I'll just checkout the CVS version and give it a try.

HOwever, I've experienced several problems:

(1) There are -lGL -lGLU -lXt -lXi -lX11 missing when linking
    ivman. The same problem appears when building stuff in 'apps'
    directory .

(2) Even if making ivman fails, the build continues further

(3) In order to generate the manual pages, ivman needs access to your
    X display (this I consider to be a feature, but it's not
    mentionied anywhere as far as I know)

Have these problems been already addressed, or shall I write a bug
report and try to patch it?

Another question: some time ago, Morten Eriksson from SIM thought
about providing an automake/autoconf support for the Inventor code
... I suppose it is not a trivial thing to set up, and probably better
done by a single developer, but if I could help somehow (the current
makefile system drives me nuts sometimes).

-- jan

 Jan Prikryl        | vr|vis center for virtual reality and visualisation
 <prikryl@xxxxxxxx> | http://www.vrvis.at