info-inventor-dev

Re: Open Inventor and VRML

To: "Rui Loureiro" <r.c.v.loureiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Open Inventor and VRML
From: "Daniel Lichau" <Daniel.Lichau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:02:00 +0200
Cc: <info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Rui,

I suggest that you try to post also your question to
You might have more answers and contacts with other users in this forum
since this mailing list is more dedicated to the Open Inventor 2.1 internal
implementation.
For reading, I suggest you to start with the Mentor book, then the  "Open
Inventor for VRML" chapter in the TGS  extension book. It explains how to
use Open Inventor 2.6 for VRML2
Collision detections example are located in src\examples\Features\Collision.
Moving objects will involve "transformations", that you have to understand
in the relevant Mentor chapter, and possibly "manipulators", for interactive
transformations. To get more useful information, you might need to a little
bit more specific in your questions to the forums.

Please also notice that you can get support from our hotline. Forgive me for
the advertisement :-).
Of course the most efficient way to learn how to use the product to solve
your problem would probably be a training or specific assistance.
We organize trainings regularly in our R&D centers, for instance in Bordeaux
(France), but we would also be pleased to set up a training in your research
center, which could be worth if there are other people interested in such
training.
If you are interested you can contact directly Aude.Robertet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(she is in charge of your country).

Sincerely