fam

Re: Fam: Fatal misconfiguration

To: rob_c_nj@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fam: Fatal misconfiguration
From: Rusty Ballinger <hosed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 03:15:00 -0700
Cc: fam@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: fam-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> I am having a problem with my FAM.  I deleted some
> lines in a file that contained strings for 'nobody'??
> I don't know what I was thinking.

Look in your /etc/passwd to get the name of a user which fam should
use for unauthenticated clients.  (Any user will do; you just want it
to be one which has minimal access to files on your system.)

Then add a line with that user in your /etc/fam.conf:

#
#  untrusted_user is the user which will be used for unauthenticated
#  clients.  If a file can't be stat'ed by this user, those clients won't be
#  able to fam it.  The value can be a user name or a numeric UID.
#
untrusted_user = whichever_user_you_choose

--Rusty