fam

Re: searching for the FAM maintainer

To: joergland@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: searching for the FAM maintainer
From: Rusty Ballinger <hosed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 03:36:16 -0700
Cc: fam@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: fam-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > I am the maintainer of FAM Debian packages. Mail to the upstream
> > maintainer Michael Wardle bounces with "no such mailbox". Is he still
> > active as FAM maintainer or who does this job now? I have a pile of
> > patches and ideas for further development of FAM and want to coordinate
> > with upstream.
>
> There hasn't been any change of maintainer that I know of. Michael did
> post a message to this list in june. Maybe he got another job and a
> different email address?

SGI did lay off 600 people last week...  (I was the fam maintainer
before Michael; SGI laid off me & most of my group in May, & I
wouldn't be surprised if they finished the job last week.)

Maybe oss.sgi.com will still be up in 6 months, but you might want to
move fam maintenance/development to sf.net or something, "just in
case."

--Rusty