devfs

Re: devfs/cdrom problem

To: Richard Gooch <rgooch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: devfs/cdrom problem
From: Gary Shea <shea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:44:13 -0700 (MST)
Cc: devfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-devfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Yesterday, Richard Gooch (rgooch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hm. I've just checked on a 2.4.7 box, which has hda (master on primary
> interface) and hdc (master on secondary interface).
>
> hda is /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0
> hdc is /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0
>
> So either I was wrong, or something has changed.
>
> In any case, is something not working, or are you just surprised?

Just surprised, figured it was worth checking into.  The machine is
fully functional now with devfs, so I couldn't be happier.  I like the
devfs idea a lot, it seems like the right way to go.  The devil, as
usual, is in the details, like this hdparm thing...

Thanks for your help -- I'll monitor the list for a bit in case any other
Mandrake folks show up ;)

Cheers,

        Gary