csa

Re: Two Simple Questions

To: Robin Holt <holt@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Two Simple Questions
From: Robin Holt <holt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:42:54 -0500
Cc: Jay Lan <jlan@xxxxxxx>, Andrew Fant <andrew.fant@xxxxxxxxx>, csa@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: csa-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 12:38:37PM -0500, Robin Holt wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 10:38:24AM -0700, Jay Lan wrote:
> > Robin Holt wrote:

> > >We had it working with lsf and PBS Pro under the 2.4 kernel.  I
> > >am not sure if it is working there now.
> >
> > Yes, still working! :)

> > Did you install job rpm, chkconfig on job, and modify /etc/pam.d/ files
> > as noted when you installed job rpm?
> >
> > I have not received reports on ja segfault before.
>
> I don't think you can get the job accounting started without the above.
> Let me try.

Nope, there must be something else going on.  We would need to know
a lot more to help you.  I guess we would need to start with kernel
version and patches, job and csa userland versions, glibc version,
and compiler version.

It will probably be easier to get a core dump and just issue 'where'.
That will probably be the best information.

Thanks,
Robin